It is with extreme disappointment and sadness that we inform you that we are not permitted to host the Saratoga Shootout in August. After an exhaustive effort of anticipating, planning, and turning over every possible stone, we have received the call we dreaded.
While we have known this to be a possibility all along, we truthfully thought that with enough creative planning, leverage of deep-rooted local relationships, and determination/relentless effort, we could pull it off, but it is clear that the global, economic, and social impacts of this insidious virus are far bigger than we are. NYS is one of the most secure and safest states at this point but the significant rise in cases across the country are undoubtedly impacting New York and the ability to move forward on the positive path we were on.
While this was ultimately not our decision, we trust the leaders of the Town of Wilton and Saratoga Springs, who have supported us and our efforts since day one and through all of the shifts and changes. We know this decision was difficult for them as well, and we are committed to working together to ensure that we can operate there again in the future. In lieu of the cancellation, we have been able to secure Fall dates (October 10-12) with Gavin Park, and we will aim to operate something in-line with the divisional offering of the Shootout if it’s possible to operate at that time. With so much unknown at this point we will monitor this opportunity and be in touch if we are able to make something of it.
We want to thank you so much to each of you for your continued support and engagement throughout this very uncertain time. You gave us the energy and motivation to keep fighting, and we sincerely wish the outcome were different for all of us.
In addition to our disappointment not to be together in August, we cannot hide the significant impact this has on us as a small business. We will do everything in our power to pick up the pieces, sustain our organization, and redirect our attention to planning for the Shootout in 2021.
In the meantime, please review our “SLS Lax Bridge 360 Policy” (e-mailed to admins) and inform us of your decision as it relates to your 2020 funds. While there is an administrative fee associated with both credit and refund options, we have passed as little of the burden as possible to you, as we deal with this significant setback. The totality of the coronavirus’ impact on us, the lacrosse industry, and our economy as a whole remains unknown, but we have a deep desire to rebuild with the solidarity and support of our community.
We were excited as ever to deliver lacrosse to you in Saratoga Springs this summer, and wish everyone continued health and safety as we navigate our way back to the game we all love.
Thank you and stay well,
Kevin, Ryan and the Shootout Team